Key features of .Net Framework 4.7.1 – the current version
Let’s categorize the new and improved features included in the current version of .Net Framework, i.e. version 4.7.1 into the following areas:
- Common language runtime (CLR)
- .Net Framework 4.7.1 fully supports for .NET Standard 2.0 and also adds almost 200 APIs that are defined in the latter.
- It supports configuration builders which enables .Net developers to inject as well as build configuration settings for apps at run-time dynamically.
- System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeFeature class has been added for allowing run-time feature detection.
- System.ValueTuple and the generic types associated with it are marked as Serializable, in order to allow binary serialization.
- Support for read-only references added with the System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IsReadOnlyAttribute.
- ASP.NET HttpCookie parsing
- Execution steps in ASP.NET applications
- SHA-2 hash options for ASP.NET forms authentication credentials
Common language runtime (CLR)
The current .Net Framework 4.7.1 features changes in garbage collection which in turn improves the overall performance, particularly for Large Object Heap allocations.
This version added secure hash options for ASP.Net forms authentication. This included SHA-2 (Secure Hash Algorithm) which was the robust successor to SHA-1. Support for Message.HashAlgorithm is included in SHA-2 so that the hash algorithm used is specified by message queuing while authenticating.
Being a .Net development company we are eagerly awaiting the final version of Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2. We believe that it would definitely make development and deployment of .Net applications faster and smoother. If you have any .Net application development needs for your business, just connect with our .Net developers!
Thanks for reading: